Thursday, April 18, 2002

My new goal: to start training for the Portland Marathon. You think I'm kidding? Well, maybe I am BUT I have been thinking about this for the past two weeks. And I do want to start running more. This girl Alison in my class, and who I’m also in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship with ran the Chicago Marathon this past autumn, qualified to run the Boston one, and just ran Boston on Monday. Inspiring to hear about. I’m taking a jogging course and I like it a lot. I really do enjoy running (believe it or not!), my biggest problem is just breathing right. I hate asthma...but maybe I can just get a new inhaler and start to get my lungs back in shape. But anyways....I’d still love to run a marathon someday. It is a dream, and an achievable one if I pace myself and train right. And if I start training now??! There is a 5k this Saturday in Hyde Park. I wanted to do it, but I’m already volunteering to help plant trees and clean up a park nearby all morning. Then there’s an 8k on Sunday, but I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. Even though I have done two 10k's before, which I thoroughly enjoyed: The Columbia Crossing/Astoria Bridge Run and also the 10k Midnight Sun Run in Fairbanks, Alaska on summer solstice. You actually do start the race at midnight! Quite an experience. Actually more than the Portland Marathon (which, yes, I am a little hesitant about), I’d rather do the Hood to Coast. It’s the largest relay race in the nation and I’ve only heard good things about it. It sounds like a lot of fun. I’ve been wanting to do for a few years now. I just emailed my uncle and am going to start forming a team. So far I have Michael has joined (he says ihe will if Paul will). Anyone else want to? No joking. I'm serious about this.

Someone hold me accountable! If I’m online go tell me to run! Tomorrow I start training!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home