Saturday, May 25, 2002

Frustrations: *Still not having a summer job *Ran out of minutes on my phonecard *Chicago weather *Having to hold my breath going through the lounge because of how horrible it smells *Having to wash my dishes in the bathroom sinks because the first 2 places I tried were overflowing with dirty dishes *Just the basic dirtiness of this dorm! and the disrespect for others that people have living here *Being charged $50 on my debit card for magazines that I don't want to subscribe to! *Not having a ticket home to Portland because they're $300 *Realizing I have about 4 letters that I've been meaning to write and send out over 5 weeks ago *Still haven't mailed two packages sitting in my room waiting to go--including my mom's mother's day present *The thought of packing for the summer *Having to prioritize studying and problem sets over the importance of sleep

Joys: *I have only 8 days until I'm done with school! *Knowing that I only ran out of minute on my phone card because I talked to Paul *Being able to walk through a forest today *Knowing that I have 6 days in Chicago to just have fun and relax after finals--I get to go downtown and just meander around *Getting to spend the rest of the GeoUnion budget on fun things (maybe even a trip to 6 Flags-Great America to study the physics of roller coasters! *The thought of seeing friends back home! *My parent's 30th wedding anniversary is this Monday *Getting excited to live with Karin, Sylvie, and Erin next year in Stoney Island *Constantly thinking of fun plans for the summer *Finding time to read the Bible every day despite a busy schedule *Getting uplifting mail *Having Memorial Day off to study *All set and ready to go to accomplish some awesome goals for the summer *Just the simple act of attending the University of Chicago--I am so lucky, so priveleged and most of the time I fail to realize this *The though of soon having time to spend redesigning some webpages and actually scanning some fun pictures in to share *Thinking ahead to Iceland and India!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home