Friday, May 24, 2002

Oh Happy Day!
How can the day ever be bad when I get a letter from Kate and from my darling Grama?! Kate's even was home-made with pictures of Mt. Hood and beautiful spots in Oregon. Gives me motivation to keep on studying--because in a few days I'll be kissing the ground in Oregon!!!! :o)Though busy, today was actually pretty fun. It started out with me sleeping in even though I wasn't supposed to let myself. But I did. And I'm glad I did (though I'm sure I'll be regreting this later). In soc we talked all about sex for 50 minutes. And it was a pretty funny conversation, especially when we got off topic and started going off on a tangent about SAT scores and Marie (my teacher) had to call the class back into order and told us to focus on sex. We couldn't stop laughing. Where else but the UofC would a group of college students stop talking about sex and have to have our teacher remind us! lol. Anyways, after soc I went to spanish lector, and we played memory games. Of course, I have one of the worst memories in the world (I'm pretty sure of this, and belive it or not it's getting worse too) so I felt bad for my partner because we didn't do as well, but it was still a fun last lector session of the year. I studied physics really hard for an hour or so and then went to convocation training. I'm actually staying 7 days later than I need to in Chicago just so I can attend graduation, but at least I can watch my friends graduate and also get paid for it. ;o) $7 is better than nothin. Physics quiz tonight went decently? I hope. I hope! And then after the quiz I ran into Jen, who told me that she was heading downtown in 30 minutes to go watch SpiderMan. Now, I've been eyeying this movie for many many months now and have been wanting to go see it since December but I just haven't had time. And of course, I had no time to go tonight, but I went anyways! hehe. We caught the 173 and went downtown to Michigan Ave, and watched the movie. It was entertaining but I was quite disapointed. I think it could have been much better. The script was very weak in some parts and the plot (well, I guess it was based on the comics--which I have only read a few) needed some work. Also, the ending wasn't so great, and the Goblin I thought looked a little ridiculous. It was a big letdown. But I really enjoyed the scenes of SpiderMan flying through the city and the fight scenes. Oh, and the upside-down kissing scene. Well, it was ok, but not so wonderful. I guess had too high of expectations. The cool thing was that after the movie the 173 pulled up in less than 2 minutes! (I know that will only impress a small audience of you readers, but it really is almost a miracle). So we got back to campus before midnight, just in time for me to stop by the new BartMart for some Mountain Dew and then start my spanish composition ;o) Now I must sleep. I'm hoping that the rain will stop so the GeoSci softball game won't be rained out like last Friday. But I guess that might be a sign saying that I should shut myself up in the Reg (now open 24 hours!) for the night, yes, on a Friday night, pathetic as it seems--but I have 4 finals next week! I'm so scared for my spanish competentcy. Soooo sooo scared. Nervous enough that I will even go to the library to study *shudder*. Well folks, I think I'm done rambling for tonight. I hope that you're all doing wonderful! Take care, and semd me an email sometime. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home