Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Today has been a strange day. Busy, long, tiring, sad, but there were also some good parts to it. I think I'm just getting too stressed out for my physics midterm tomorrow. The day started out great though (besides waking up incredibly sleepy). The weather was beautiful and my running coach decided that he wouldn't put us through the workout that he had planned--instead we had 20 minutes to run whenver we wanted in Hyde Park. So Jen and I took off to the lake. It was a beautiful run. We ran down 56th, around the point and then came back. Soc class was actually pretty cool today. I think everyone enjoyed it. It sounds like a strange topic, but we discussed birth and menstruation the entire time. [see a blog below about the book we're discussing]. It felt kinda strange to be talking very bluntly about this issue, but we had some great debates. I'm looking forward to class on Thursday when we go over the second half of the book. The spanish grupo this afternoon was also kinda fun. We ended up writing our own theatrical productions in spanish and then acted them out at the end of 50 minutes. Ours was rather humorous, about people going to the zoo to see a blue turtle with a red stripe. Physics lab was kinda cool cuz we got to work with radioactive stuff, and some people got freaked out cuz we went to the basement to use this strange machine for part of the lab. Lab took so much longer than it needed to be because our TA told us to use the wrong thing in the beginning. Coming back from lab I got an email from Kate. Her dog Jesse died today. He is my favorite dog in the world and I love him so much. He is just so adorable and so loving. I've never had a dog before, but I've grown up with Jesse since 4th grade (my best friends' parents are like my second sets). It's going to be strange to go back and not see him around.

At the moment I feel like I could lay down and go to sleep and not wake up til morning. I am so weak. So exhausted. But I'll probably be staying up all night long studying for the physics midterm and doing lots of spanish homework. It seems like no matter how hard I try to prepare and get things done early, it hits me all at once. I studied/reviewed physics for about 6 hours last night, but I feel like I haven't even made a dent in my book. Arg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home