Monday, October 28, 2002

Monday
It's been an uneventful Monday. Woke up tired with the tea-guy laughing at my sleepiness as I opened the door and unconciously signed the slip. In Hindi we learned how to use adjectives, and it's harder than I thought it would be. At the end of class he called on me to do five sentences, and I seemed to loose all ability to communicate and completely screwed up. Lots of studying for me to do tonight! But instead of studying I'm back at the internet cafe ;o) wishing that people would be online to talk to. But no one is.
Fashion Design
I've started some sketches. Claire would be proud, maybe. I am trying to design some clothes. Tomorrow my goal is to draw some more sketches and hopefully find a good fabric store. Then soon I'll find a tailor and have them sew some clothes for me! And I'm also going to copy a whole bunch of skirts and pants that I have brought, mostly just the same thing over and over in different patterns and colors. It's so much fun to think about, hopefully it won't be a nightmare to put this plan into action. Maybe I'll go Wednesday on my birthday for good luck. ;o)
Even though I'm not a fan of fashion magazine I'm borrowing someone's Cosmo (Indian version, which is pretty funny because it's just the same as the US except the names have been changed to Ashish and Prathiba, etc) and am going to skim through it tonight for ideas. Any suggestions?
Angels Get Their Rings
So Anaheim wins. Whatever. I had no idea the World Series was even going on. And it feels so good to not know! I feel so disconnected from all of the American sports, I'm loving it. I've love sports, don't get me wrong. But there's just something about the NFL, NBA, and MLB that just makes me sad. It's too commercialized. It's doesn't seem like the players are playing for the glory of the game. It's all about money, and buying muscle. Yes, I know they have talent. And I still love Wrigley field and rooting for the Cubs and the Mariners, but I'd rather watch little league or soccer club games most of the time. That's where true American sports lies.
No Problems Here
I feel very lucky. I've had no problems with blogger, even with the security intrusion which seemed to have dismantled blogger for a while, I've experienced no problems so far (crossing my fingers). Except for the fact that my archives are still missing! which is making me mad. They've been gone for a few months now, and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get them back. Someone help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home