Thursday, June 12, 2003

I won!
good news! Somehow, I got honorable mention for the study abroad photo contest. I really didn't think that was going to happen, but I'm sure glad that it did. I also thought that a couple of my other pictures that I submitted were better than this one, but oh well. The picture is "Morning at the Temple" and it's taken overlooking the tank/pond at Badami in southern India. We had watched the sunrise there (well, sorta, not really) and then had walked to the many temples surrounding the lake. This certain one just had this magical look to it with the morning light streaming in over the cliff, and the reflection of the temple off the slight green-tinted water. It was a beautiful shot, but I can't say that it was completely original. If I remember correctly there were about 4 or 5 of us who all took a picture of it, and I'm sure that they probably all turned out very similar. But I guess none of the others submitted theirs to the photo contest. When it gets scanned and added to the study abroad website I'll give out the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home