Sunday, September 07, 2003

The Best Brunch Ever
This morning I had brunch with Amanda, Paul, and Sudeep. And oh my, can Sudeep cook! He went all out this morning making us english muffins and orange madeleines (from scratch), sausages with fried tomatos, a wonderfully roasted chicken with potatos, two loaves of french bread (once again, from scratch!), and a fruit & yogurt salad for dessert.
Once we were all wonderfully full we took a walk to Powells, and then meandered on over to the park behind the Museum of Science & Industry to the Japanese Garden. A gorgeous day in the 80's with sunlight sparkling off the water..we were very content reading laying on the grass and chatting. I saw a few people walk by and smirk at us, four college students sprawled out with our books...it was one of those moments when I realize just how much I love the UofC. I'm glad to be back on break for a bit in Chicago.
24
I am hooked on the show 24. Paul has borrowed the entire first series on DVD and so far I've watched the first six episodes. Usually I'm not the type of girl who gets worked up over tv shows or silly plots, and even though this one is a bit unrealistic in many aspects, it still gets my adrenaline pumping and I get all tense at some parts. Then I start laughing at myself for being so emotionally involved in the plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home