Sunday, March 14, 2004

It's a Sunday! Banks should not call people on Sunday!
The Fraud department of Citibank called me a couple of minutes ago. Or at least that's where he claimed to be affiliated. Now I'm scared that it was a scam just to get my information and SS#. I'm a bit nervous. He did know a lot of details about me, but he was *soooo unprofessional*. At the end of the conversation he told me that I should come down to Florida for spring break, and that I shouldnt' bring my boyfriend. Then he went on to talk about girls walking around everywhere in bikinis and boys staring and how I should come lay on the beach and have everyone look at me. I was like HUH? This guy is crazy!
I just called Citibank to confirm that I actually had a call from the Fraud department in Florida. They have no mention of it so far tied to my account, although it was only a moment after he had called, so maybe the system just didn't have me logged in with the call yet? [fingers crossed that this is the reason]. I am going to call back in an hour and find out.

Update: Citibank is stupid and completely unhelpful. They don't even keep a record of if you were called or not, so there is no way to find out if the person who called me is a fraud or actually IS from the Citibank Fraud Department. Additionally, even though I did file a complaint about the unprofessional behavior of their employee it's completely pointless because they have no idea who my complaint is directed at. I then "filed" a second complaint about their entire system and tracking of customer's accounts. In reality, I just got screwed over for two hours of my time because of thier incompetance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home