Saturday, June 02, 2007

Today has been a great day so far. This morning I went to the Hilldale Farmer's Market and bought some spinach and salad greens while Paul cleaned out and organized the garage. Then I spent a ton of money at the grocery store since our kitchen is very bare. Lots of good things to eat now.

We just got back from an afternoon bike ride. The weather report made it seem like it was going to rain and storm all day but it ended up clearing up and it's sunny and perfect now. So we set off on the Capitol City Trail and did a 22 mile loop in under two hours. A nice leisurely pace, but we didn't stop along the way...it felt so much shorter than that! There's a neat state park about 25 miles out of Madison so after this easy bike ride today we're thinking it would be a good day bike ride to go there in a the morning, hang out, and then come back. 50 miles shouldn't be bad for one day.

Now I'm on the front porch with our laptop cooling off and having a Berry Weis Beer. yum. I love how the park across the street is completely green now and the foliage is all in. I've missed the greenness.

The chicks are still happy and content. They are growing up SO FAST it's unbelievable. Seriously. In just 2 days they are super different. I wish I could do slow motion photography with one photo an hour to let you guys see how fast their wings are growing in.

Last night I bought tickets to head to Iowa July 5-9th. I'll be in Shaller, Iowa, the popcorn capitol of the world (at least it used to be) and also one of the smallest towns ever. The closest "big" town is Storm Lake. Shaller will be hosting it's annual Popcorn Days celebration, and that's also the time for class reunions. My grama grew up in Shaller and is now attending her 70th high school reunion. We'll be watching the parade (the parade basically consists of every tractor every built driving by in order by year) and eating lots of free popcorn. It should be fun and boring at the same time. I went about 10 years ago but haven't had a chance to attend since then. This year I'm surprising my grama since she has no idea I'm planning on coming. So I'll probably meet her and mom my in the Omaha airport. I'll also get to see some of my great aunts and uncles who I don't really keep in contact with very often.

ok time to flikr it up with lots of chick photos!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home