Saturday, December 01, 2007

currently 22 degrees and snowing a ton. realfeel of 7. paul went out to check on the chickens this morning and when i went out two hours later i couldn't even see his footsteps.

the boys are playing video games while i try to weatherize our house a bit more. 1926 windows do not hold the heat in well, so this year i'm attempting to put brown putty strip stuff around the seals...hope it helps keep us warmer as well as lower the heat bill!

portland is also having a storm of their own. light snow, 35 degrees with realfeel of 21. winds currently at 14 mph but my mom said their forecasted 90 mph at the beach and 60 mph in portland....for the next 30 hours. my dad drove down to the beach to pick up my grama so she wouldn't be potentially stranded without power like she was last year for a while.

by the way, the town my grama has lived in for 35+ years made the nytimes yesterday. it was kinda crazy to see that. a short article, and the photos didn't really show much, but it was cool to see nonetheless. check it out, this is my favorite beach in the world. my grama lives at the base of neah-kah-nie mountain, and it's such a special place to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home