Saturday, April 20, 2002

Dirt on my hands. My hair blowing in the wind. Worms on my fingers. Trees, smiling people. This morning I helped plant trees and mulch at Nichols Park (2 blocks from my dorm, located right next to my church). It was such a good feeling to be celebrating Earth Day with a bunch of cool people and just to help the neighborhood and the city a bit. Parker, Sapna, and Justin also helped out. There were only two wheelbarrows and we obviously needed more so my newly aquainted friend Michael "I'm five and a half, and I'm in preschool" let me borrow his red RadioFlyer wagon to transport the trees and mulch. After talking and playing with him a while he declared me "Queen of the Trees", and Parker was "King of the Wheelbarrow". It was quite cute. So after working for a while we met up at Arline's Coop with Arline,her bro Seth and David. Green line to Conservatory and I was back to the Chiluly exhibit for a second trip. It was amazing all over again! But for now I must go meet Ruthie and Tal at Noodles Etc for dinner....so I will have to post more later. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home