Thursday, July 11, 2002

Summer Plans
Flying home, or I guess I should say preparing and scheduling to fly back to Portland is such a nightmare. I've been debating with myself for two weeks now. To take a class through the University here or not to. Taking the class, Introduction to Field Methods in Glaciology, would be awesome! But it would put me out of $200, plus living expenses for an extra week, plus I would be late to my family vacation. But it would give me a good experience and teach me all about Glaciology. Which I really know nothing about at the moment, but am very fascinated with. It would also expose me to at least one UAF professor here, and since this is a possibility for grad school that would be an excellent thing. Hmmm. Also, Tammy's friend is one of the people leading the course through UAF's Outdoor Adventures and Tammy's spoken very highly of it. On the downside, I would have to pay a whole bunch just to take this one credit course, and the week previous to the trip there is only two 2 hour lectures. Which means that I'd have to stay in Fairbanks and be bored for the rest of those days. Since I can't stay in the dorms, I'd probably have to be with my aunt and uncle. But since I have no car or liscense here in Alaska I'd also have to have them drive me each day. Which is not going to happen. So I think the field course idea has been thrown out, even though I completely would *love* to take it. Arg.
So the flying home issue is still in question. When to make my flight back? I think I'll be camping with Brad and Coby for a bit. Hopefully this will all fall in place. Or mabye I should just not worry about it. I mean, I really do have a place to stay in Fairbanks in case things don't go as planned. And camping with those two (and maybe more) sound so exciting and fun. They're great to hang out with and I think camping would be awesome. Probably a better experience than the Glaciology field course anyways. Plus, how can I not stay in Alaska and camp? I mean, I've come all this way to this gorgeous place, and to not take advantage of the time that I have here would be a shame. I've been dreaming of coming back here ever since I left 5 years ago, so I really don't know why I'm being so paranoid right now. My whole summer has been spontaneous. I just need to have patience. Rely on God. He's given me this opportunity to work at Upward Bound. And it was a last second deal. I just need to stop stressing out and be calm. Learn that not everything has to be planned out and so scheduled. There is so much lying ahead in my summer. Surprise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home