Wednesday, June 25, 2003

A Night to Myself with my 3rd floor ladies.
This evening was one of the best nights of the program. For me. Fun frisbee with B and M. A silly dinner with J, K and ?(the only one out of 60 who I still can't remember her name). Study hall ran smoothly, J and I read two chapters of Things Fall Apart out loud, on her request. I miss that. I like reading out loud. It makes me feel happy, to be reading and enjoyable book, while at the same time using that time connecting with other people and sharing in the story. Rockclimbing, smiles and figure eight knots...everyone was having fun while being enthusiastic and supportive. We drew a crowd. And I love to belay, B claimed me right away as his buddy and called me by name--he specifically memorized my name today (a big accomplishment).
Hall/Room/Floor time was easy and fun. Girls said that I could handle being the only Resident Mentor for our floor in the program. Usually there are three of us, but on Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings I am the only one on the floor. Chatting til the last minute. Bear stories, village explanations, the first snow, snowmobiling, four wheeling, crossing the river, ice breaks. I felt free, super happy, and very connected to my girls tonight instead of disconnected and separated by strategically-placed walls. It's hard to explain. But I can say definitley that I love having the floor to myself with the girls. And I think they love it to. A nice change of pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home