Thursday, June 07, 2007

I biked home early today because of a tornado threat (and possible storms and large hail). It's nice that I can work from home whenever I'd like. What is not nice is stupid allergies. I am even taking an allergy pill and they are still getting to me...no fun.

The chicks are one week old. It still amazes me how fast they grow. I come home from work each day to see amazing progress. Feet feathers, tail feathers, huge wingspans. Even my little Light Brahma is growing well...I think she's only a day to a day and a half behind the others. She's still limping; she might limp for the rest of her life.

Anna came over last night to meet the babies. The Silver Laced Wyandotte took a liking to her and *flew*!! up to her hand, perched on her finger, and took a nap. What a cutie. That one is the fast grower and is the most active. We had all four babies out with us on the living room floor. At first I was scared that they would start zipping around the house and that we'd never be able to catch them, but they stayed near us and just played. It was really fun.

Since the little ones are starting to fly/jump/leap and be more active I needed to find a cover for their brooder. I went to Ace and bought some wire mesh, but realized that it wouldn't be so ideal as a cover. So I got creative. I figured that since it's hot out we probably won't be using our oven for a while, so now our two oven racks are over the top of the birds. They're perfect for the job. :o)

I now have some photos up on my flickr account. Send me an email if you want to see them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home