Friday, June 08, 2007

Poor Petunia (that's the Light Brahma, the only one with a name so far) is crying right now. I'm not sure how to help her. I cleaned her up and held her while she slept for a while, but there's not more that I can do. I'm worried she's not eating and drinking enough....maybe she has internal issues to go along with her hurt leg? I know she definitely breathes differently (faster and harder) than the other chicks. She finally is having her tail feathers grow in, but she hasn't made any attempt to jump or fly yet, while the other three are getting quite good at both.

A., a 21 month old, who is one of our neighbors came with his mom to visit the chicks last night. He loved it, and it was cute to see him petting the birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home